Officer Selection Policy
This proposed is intended to ensure that everyone in the Shire understands the expectations of conduct and performance for our local officers, beyond those requirements mandated at Kingdom or Regional level.
Process For Selecting New Officers
The outgoing officer (or seneschal) will announce that the position is or will be open, and anyone interested in the position should contact the outgoing officer (or seneschal) if they are interested.
The outgoing officer (or seneschal) will make a selection from the candidates and announce the candidate to the group. Before doing this the out going officer will inform the other candidates of their choice.
There will be a period between business meetings for anyone with strong objections to speak privately with the outgoing officer (or seneschal).
If there are no significant objections, there will be a vote of confidence by the group. Assuming this is favorable, there will be an announcement of the new officer to the group.
Requirements For Warranted Officers of the Marche of Alderford
- Must have a valid SCA membership.
- Must attend meetings or have a deputy at the meetings who can report to the group and then report back to the officer.
- Must file reports regularly and on time to the appropriate officers.
- Copy reports to the seneschal, and make reports available to the group (except the Chirurgeon's report because of patient confidentiality).
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ensure an orderly transition when leaving office. This includes assisting the incoming officer to get up to speed on duties and reports.