The Masque of Courtly Love XVIII & Brendoken Baronial Investiture
Announcement from the stewards of the Masque of Courtly Love:
We know that everyone coming to Masque would like to plan out their day. A detailed schedule is still being created and should be available online by February 16.
The Marche of Alderford proudly presents:
The Masque of Courtly Love XVIII
& Brendoken Baronial Investiture
March 1, 2014 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Grace United Methodist Church
1720 Schneider St NW
North Canton, OH 44720
Site is handicap accessible.
As the melting of the winter snow heralds change throughout the land, so the Masque of Courtly Love brings spring to the lands of the Barony of Brendoken, and a celebration of the Investiture of John and Cerridwen as Baron and Baroness. Please join the Marche of Alderford in welcoming His Majesty Cellach for a full day of martial activities, music, feasting, classes and Royal Court.
The event will feature a sumptuous feast by Baroness Francesca de Onorati. Volunteer servers will receive feast free. Those interested should contact Magister Calvert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch will be provided by the Dead Parrot Tavern.
- Martial activities will include armored combat, rapier, youth combat, and archery and thrown weapons, weather permitting.
- There will be a full slate of classes for the A&S-inclined.
- Minstrels' Gallery
For full details, see the Schedule page.
- Shield tree tourney; Matched stylies tourney. There will be four available weapon styles you may fight, but each style is a separate tourney. You are welcomed to fight which ever available style you feel like during the day. This is an endurance based tourney and may be participated in at any point during the day before the list field closes. You may enter and leave the list field at any time you’d like during the day. At the end of the day the points in each tourney will be totaled separately and a winner will be chosen per style.
- Weapon and Shield
- Two Weapon
- Dagger and Buckler
You are here invited to praise of that which is worthy of praise, to spread word-fame, to increase renown, to make famous those worthy of worth-ship.
To paraphrase an ancient Middle Eastern book of wisdom and teaching, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — SING about such things!"
Site fee: adult (18+) $9.00; youth (10-18) $5.00; child (9 and under) free; NMS: $5.00
Feast fee: adult (18+) $12.00; youth (10-18) $8.00; child (9 and under) $5.00.
THL Hugh the Silent
1334 College St. SE
North Canton OH 44720
Masque Feast 2014
Dishes are listed in no particular order and may change. Feast Steward reserves to change dishes at the last minute due to availability and market price of ingredients. Any food allergies must be sent to the Feast Steward by February 20 (no exceptions). An updated list of ingredients for the dishes will be on each table and at the gate on the day of the event.
- Scillas: Shrimp, celery seed, fish sauce, olive oil, white wine vinegar, egg yolks.
- Ein Guter Braten: Beef roast, red wine, onion, beef broth, pepper, cloves, ginger, juniper berries, salt.
- Szynka Duszona z Ogorkami (Ham Stewed with Cucumbers): ham, butter, onions, carrots, garlic, , parsley, ale, ham stock, cranberries, raisins, cucumbers, honey, vinegar, sour cream.
- Taiarin a la Veniciano (Duchess Runa’s Cheesy Noodles): Chicken, pasta, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, butter, flour, milk, cream cheese
- Honey Oatmeal Bread: Flour, oatmeal, honey, butter, yeast, salt, eggs, water.
- Quince Jam: Quince, sugar, water.
- Asparagi: Asparagus, butter, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper
- Rappe Armate (Armored Turnips): Turnips, Swiss cheese, butter, cinnamon, ginger, pepper.
- Wastels Yfarced: bread, eggs, butter, bread crumbs, powder forte, salt, saffron, currents, apple juice, red wine, sugar.
- Hais: Bread crumbs, dates, almonds, pistachios butter, sugar
- Kolacha: Flour, salt, sugar, yeast, milk, butter, eggs, sour cream. Nut filling: Walnuts, sugar, lemon peel, butter, honey. Poppy Seed filling: Poppy seeds, milk, raisins, sugar, honey, butter.
- Dysshe of Snowe: Cream, rosewater, sugar, egg whites
- Wafers: Egg whites, milk, flour, sugar, olive oil.
- Lemon Ice: Lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel, water.
Please send questions to:
Lady Ursula Mortimer
Master Stephen Calvert deGrey
458 N Broadway St
New Philadelphia OH 44663-2623